Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute with the Mead School District. In order for us to provide a timely response to your application, please be sure to read the information below in its entirety.
Requirements for a Substitute:
- Applicants must meet any educational and certificate requirements and be able to submit an official transcript when applicable. Applicants with transcripts from a college or university located outside the United States must have the transcripts evaluated by an accredited international degree equivalency evaluator before submitting documents.
- Applicants must complete an online application which may include an online skill assessment.
- Applicants are required to be fingerprinted. The cost for fingerprinting is approximately $55.25 and is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Applicants meeting the first three criteria must complete “What Every Employee Needs to Know” trainings and must attend a substitute orientation in order to be considered for placement on the substitute list.
- Applicants should have a valid email address in order to receive information and other communications from the Substitute Services. If you do not have an email address, you can create one for free through google or yahoo or other similar email engines.
Initial Application Process
Please complete the online application
for the appropriate Substitute position. All requested items (assessments, transcripts, diplomas, certifications, etc.) must be completed and attached to the application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Once the application is complete, the Substitute Services department will review the information. When the application and background check has been approved, the Substitute Services will schedule you to an orientation date, and will notify you via email.
***Substitute applications are accepted on an ongoing/as needed basis throughout the year. Substitute Renewal Process
Eligibility for remaining on the substitute list each year is met by completing the minimum work requirement established by the district, completing all required steps laid out in the reasonable assurance letters by the appropriate due date and by adhering to policy and procedures at all times.
Substitute work is not a guarantee of continuing employment.
Substitutes are expected to follow the employee handbook
as well as all district policies and procedures.