Areas identified for study and consideration:
- Investigate and determine a schedule of activities to maximize a smooth transition for students and their families from elementary school to middle school.
- Three touch points.
- Consistent at all three schools.
- Determine the most efficient and effective methods to communicate middle school transition information to parents, students, staff and the community.
- Recommend a transition plan, including three "touch point" activities, for incoming 6th graders.
- Recommend a transition plan for outgoing 8th graders.
- Develop a comprehensive parent, student, staff and community communication timeline/plan.