Mead Copy Center Online Ordering and Pod Printing Information
FAQ'S Copy Center
- What are the hours of operation? – Monday through Friday 6am to 8pm. Electronic orders received after hours and weekends will be processed the next working day and delivered within 24 hours of processing. Paper orders received after hours and weekends will be processed the next working day and delivered within 48 hours of processing.
- What is your phone number? – 465-6167
- How do you calculate “# of originals”? - A single sheet of paper copied on one side is 1 original. A single sheet of paper copied on both sides is 2 originals. Example: 4 double sided sheets of paper copied = 8 originals.
- How do you calculate “# of copies”? - The best way to answer this question is through a few examples. If you have 10 single sided sheets of paper and 30 students, and you want each student to get 10 single sided sheets of paper, the # of copies =30. If you have 5 double sided sheets of paper and 40 students, and you want each student to get 5 double sided sheets of paper, the # of copies is 40.
- Note: Do not multiply the # of originals by the number of copies.
- What is the difference between “collate” and “grouped”? - If you have 3 sheets of paper, A-B-C, you want 30 copies and you circle/check “collate” you will receive A-B-C, A-B-C, etc. 30 times. If, in this same example, you circle/check “grouped” you will receive A 30 times, B 30 times, and C 30 times. Note: If you circle/check “staple” it will automatically collate A-B-C then staple.
- Is there an extra charge for staples or 3 hole punching? - No
- Does it matter how I position my scanned copies that I send to the copy center? – Yes, especially if you want them stapled or 3 hole punched. If one of your scanned copies is upside down, it will be 3 hole punched on the wrong side or stapled in the wrong corner. Electronic orders go from what you send us through the computer directly to the copier.
- Can I return the paper bag my order came in? – Yes, many people are doing this now if their bag can be re-used. This is encouraged as it helps reduce expenses.
- Can I email you my order? – No, either submit your order electronically, or complete the Mead Copy Center form. Please be sure your electronic or paper order is filled out completely.
- Can I send you more than one order electronically and have you combine them? – No, this can be very confusing and it defeats the purpose of an electronic order.
- Is there training available to learn to scan, fill out forms, ask questions, etc? – Yes, please call Technology Services at ext. 7650 and we will schedule a training session at your building.
FAQ'S POD Printers
1. What kinds of paper can I use? You are able to run labels, white xerox paper, colored xerox paper, cardstock, transparencies (for a copier), and legal paper. Remember to always use the by-pass tray for speciality paper.
2. How do I connect to a Pod Printer? A work order must be created by calling or emailing the Help Desk, #7777, email@example.com to install the driver onto your computer.