Dual Language Immersion
Mead School District's Dual Language Immersion Program is committed to empowering students to become “future ready” global citizens. The program is grounded in the 3 Pillars of Dual Language Education, allowing students to:
- Become bilingual and biliterate
- Have high academic achievement in both languages
- Develop respect and appreciation for other cultures
- Be prepared for meaningful participation in the global community
Key Ideas About Dual Language
- All subject areas are taught in both languages throughout the course of the K-5 program, though at different ratios each year.
- Equity for all groups is a major component to dual language: equitable access to resources, linguistic equity, and cultural equity.
- Dual language education is Washington’s priority English language development program model for all eligible English learners.
Participation in our Dual Language Immersion Program is voluntary and limited. For consideration, please fill out an interest form: Click here to complete DLI Interest Form.
For more information, check out the FAQ and brochures below or contact:
Robin Placzek, Assistant Director, State and Federal Programs