The Mead School District launched a new app-connected GPS system in our school buses in January 2023! The new service is called Stopfinder and is an easy-to-use, all-in-one parent app that will enable parents/guardians to see their student’s bus schedules and bus location in real-time using the bus GPS through geo-alerts customized in their own account. In addition, parents/guardians can stay connected to our Transportation Department by sending and receiving messages through the secure Stopfinder app.
As the weather turns cold, snowy and otherwise unpredictable, it is a great time to use this solution to ease family stress and be able to confirm a child’s bus location or communicate directly with the Transportation Department. Please note that this system only tracks the location of the bus vehicle, not the location of an individual student, so parents/guardians may receive alerts of their student’s bus even if that student chose not to ride the bus on a given day.
What the Stopfinder app can do:
- View your student’s daily transportation assignments
- Securely share your student’s schedule with caregivers
- Send private messages to Mead School District Transportation Department
- Receive notifications and updates related to transportation
- Send real-time vehicle location notifications based on GeoAlert regions you create for your student
How to get connected:
- Upon registration, the primary parent/guardian email address on file for your child(ren) will receive an invitation that includes a unique link for getting connected to the Stopfinder app (check your Spam/Junk folder if needed).
- Click the link in the email to activate your account and register.
- Once a password is set, click to download the app.
- Open app and login.
- Start tracking your child’s bus!
Please note: Only the primary email address on file for each account will receive the initial invitation. Each primary is then responsible for subscribing additional accounts inside the app. Video tutorials and step-by-step instructions are available at the links below to walk you through the setup process.
Stopfinder Introduction Video (great tutorial on how to share access with family members/caregivers included in this video)
Stopfinder Step-By-Step Instructions
If you would like to make a change to the primary email address linked to your student, please contact your child’s school.
Please contact the Mead School District Transportation Department at (509) 465-6107 with questions.