Pesticide & Asbestos Notification
Annual Notification of Pesticide Use
Mead School District Board Policy 6895
The Superintendent, or designee, is directed to develop procedures to assure that the District complies with the requirements of law regarding pesticides notification, posting and record keeping. This includes procedures for the annual notification of staff and parents of the District's pest control policies and methods; pre-notification of staff and parents of pesticide applications; posting of sites of pesticide application; and record keeping, including an annual summary report of pesticide usage.
Pesticide Prior Notification Registry
If you would like to be notified prior to a pesticide application occurring on district property, please contact the Director of Buildings and Grounds at (509) 465-6138, to add your name to the pesticide application contact registry.
Methods of notification for impending and emergency pesticide applications:
- A notice of pesticide application will be posted at the building, in the office and on the main entry door, 48 hours prior to the application.
- At the time of application notification signs will be posted at the location of the application and at each primary point of entry to the school grounds.
- Emergency applications (for example, stinging insects or pest that are considered to be an immediate human health threat.) will be posted at the building office and at the location immediately following the application.
Chapter 17.21 RCW, Pesticide Applications Act
Notification of Asbestos
In compliance with the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act enacted in 1986 by the Environmental Protection Agency and implemented by Mead School District in 1989, we are required to notify you annually of the availability of the Management Plan.
The purpose of the annual notification is to insure that you have an opportunity to be informed about the availability of the plan. A copy of the Asbestos Management Plan is available for your review in each building as well as the Building and Grounds Office during regular business hours.
In addition, the following list identifies the district facilities that have been identified as containing ACM:
- Mead Administration, 2323 E Farwell, Mead, WA 99021
- Colbert Elementary, 4526 E Greenbluff Rd, Colbert, WA 99005
- Farwell Elementary, 13005 N Crestline, Spokane, WA 99208
- Maint/Transportation, 12508 N Freya St, Mead, WA 99021
- Midway Elementary, 821 E Midway Rd, Colbert, WA 99005
- Mead High School, 302 W Hastings Rd, Spokane, WA 99218
- Mead Support Services, 12509 N Market St, Mead, WA 99021
- Pittsburg Learning Center, 13120 N Pittsburg, Spokane, WA 99208
- Shiloh Elementary, 505 E Stonewall, Spokane, WA 99208
All inquiries regarding the plan should be directed to the Safety Coordinator at (509) 465-6138.