February 2018 Facilities Improvement Bond
Facilities Planning Committee - On October 24, 2016, the Mead School District Board of Directors authorized the development of a six-year Capital Facilities Plan based on a district-wide needs assessment and the convening of an advisory Facilities Planning Committee to assist in the development of the Capital Facilities Plan.
Process - The Facilities Planning Committee began meeting in early January 2017, and held 15 meetings through May 2, 2017. The committee studied student enrollment projections and the physical condition of existing school and non-school buildings. Each school principal shared building-specific needs and district maintenance and transportation departments explained their facility challenges.
Of significant importance to the committee in making their recommendation was the steady increase in student enrollment over the past ten years (+733 students) and the significant jump of 2,943 students projected by Davis Demographics in the next ten years (2017-2026).
Recommendation - The Facilities Planning Committee recommends the following facilities improvement projects be presented to voters for their consideration in February 2018:
| Major Projects
|| Miscellaneous Projects
- New Middle School (grades 6-8)
- New Elementary School (grades K-5)
- New Transportation Co-Op Facility
- New Maintenance Facility
- PLUS work at the old Mead Middle School location to ready it for use as: (1) outdoor athletic (football/soccer) & performing arts (marching band) venue (2) future elementary school site
- Play Structure Safety Mats (Brentwood, Colbert, Evergreen, Farwell, Meadow Ridge & Prairie View)
- New Carpet (Colbert, Mead High & Mt. Spokane)
- Wood Gym Floor (Meadow Ridge)
- Upgrade Pro-Start Kitchens (Mead High & Mt. Spokane)
- New 1st Floor Commons Area Windows (Mt. Spokane)
- Land Purchase/s
All proposed projects are subject to revision and final approval by the Mead School District Board of Directors.