MLA Updates & Tips
- URLs are no longer required for online resource citations.
- Citations use a "hanging indent" (all lines indented under the first line)
- Citation must include the type of resource used since print is no longer the assumed standard (Print, Web, DVD, etc.)
- Databases and our library catalog have built-in citation makers.
- Citation makers do make mistakes.
- When you copy and paste your citation from a citation maker to your document, formatting can be lost or changed.
- Double check your citation before you turn it in!