The Transitions Program is for students who have been expelled from the district. This program teaches the student accountability, responsibility, self ownership and strategies how to make commitments to improve. The focus is on the whole student, the choices they make and their learning.
The student is required to:
- Maintain 25 hours of school work each week
- Attend six hours in the classroom (meet three times a week) and 19 hours outside the classroom.
- Complete all the class requirements (see class requirement page).
- This program takes about five to eight weeks to complete with a student lead, project presentation and program portfolio exit interview at the completion of the program.
- Parent/Guardian involvement is expected throughout the entire program.
The Transitions classroom is located at :
Mead Support Services,
12509 N Market Street,
Spokane, WA. 99021
Transitions Program Teacher:
Thea Carter, MAEd, Teacher, School Counselor, CCDC II, A.R.T. Trainer. My background includes working with the at-risk population, drug and alcohol education, anger management, family therapy and consultant to school districts on ways to improve how to teach the whole child. I have over 25 years of experience in teaching/counseling and continue to enjoy every part of it.
For Information: Bruce Olgard - 465-7700
Thea Carter - 465-6102
For Scheduling: Kelly Schultz - 465-6008